I was very kindly nominated by Susan from Susan Loves Books (her blog is so awesome, check it out!) to participate on this tag. Thank you very much, Susan, for the nomination! Check out her answer to this tag in this post in her blog!
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
1. What one person dead or alive, would you like to have lunch with?
I would like to have lunch with Virginia Woolf. She seems to have been the most interesting person with such a fascinating personality. I would love to meet the person behind the brilliant books.
2. Who is your all time favorite author?
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. She is fabulous. Her writing is so beautiful and her stories are so unique. My favorite book from her is Americanah, a gorgeous novel about a Nigerian woman’s experience with moving to the United States and her star-crossed lover moving to the UK. It explores racism, love, depression, hope. I could talk about her forever.
3. What do you usually drink when reading?
Green tea or coffee with a dash of cinammon.
4. Where do you normally read?
I normally read in the train or in my bed.
5. Do you own bookcases? Can I see them?
I do, but I am in the middle of the process of moving, so I will post this one another time…
6. What is your favorite TV show?
I love Sense8 and Jessica Jones.
7. If you were going to have your last meal, what would it be?
Sicilian lemon risotto. Oh my god, I love risotto.
8. Which do you prefer, e-book or real book?
9. Who was the last person/band you saw in concert?
It was probably Taylor Swift, but I am not sure.
10. What book are you reading right now? Do you like it?
I am reading The Forever War, a sci-fi novel highly recommended by a friend of mine. I just started so it’s hard to tell if I like it yet – so far I don’t love it, but I don’t dislike it either.
11. How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog about three weeks ago. But I have blogged before a few times, once with a book-review blog as well, ten years ago. So, summing it all up it’s around two years, excluding the eight-year hiatus.
[EDITED TO DELETE BROKEN LINKS]
- What is your favorite genre?
- Which book of this genre would you recommend to someone who is trying to start reading it?
- Is there a stereotypical plot from your favorite genre that you dislike?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure book?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you have a system to organize your bookshelf?
- Which fictional character would you take to be your partner in adventures?
- What are you currently reading?
- What is your bookish pet peeve?
- Do you have a favorite author?
Thanks for reading and I hope you guys have fun with this tag!