I was tagged at Coffee Loving Bookoholic for this really nice tag! Thank you so much, Alex! If you don’t know her blog, you’re missing out – I really enjoy her blog (this post about top 10 classics to read was pretty amazing). I’m a sucker for a good cover, so this will be quite fun to answer!
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Mention the creator of this tag (tiana @the book raven)
- Use the original tag image in your post.
- At least tag one fellow blogger for doing this tag!
- List the rules
1) “No ideas but in things” – a book cover that perfectly expresses the novel inside it
Dark, romantic, twisted. I think The Night Circus has the perfect cover.
2) “Dark and lovely” – a cover that is so creepilicious, that you want to eat it up
I am not entirely sure if it counts, but The Vegetarian‘s cover makes me think of fragility, complexity and psychological pain. I’m not sure why and since I haven’t read the book yet, my impression could be mistaken.
3) “Sugary Sweet” – a CUTE cover that is so fluffy, you want to give it a hug
When Dimple Met Rishi conquered my heart with this cover, for sure. Was a big part of my decision to read a YA Romance in the first place – how gorgeous this cover is!
4) “The simple aesthetic” – a book cover that stuns with the most minimalist of designs
Huh, I’m not sure if it’s exactly minimalist, but The Female of the Species surely among the simplest covers, and I really like it!
5) “Cover envy” – a book you wish you had on your shelves, but don’t yet
Hum, how gorgeous is Vengence Road???
6) “Traveling abroad” – a beautiful book cover featuring a country outside of your own
The cover from All the Light We Cannot See shows Saint Malo, in France. Gorgeous!
7) “The colour wheel” – a cover that showcases one of your favourite colours
I absolutely love blue, I’ve always loved blue and I’ll always love blue. So Fates and Furies made its way to my shelf although back then I didn’t read literary books a lot. And ended up loving it! We literally had to move this book a little in the bookshelf because I kept staring at it.
8) “Changing gears” – a cover change you absolutely adore
This is the first case ever where I love the cover of the TV series more than the original. I’ll sound weird but: I just really like the bright red more than the blushed rose theme.
9) “Oldie but goodie” – a favourite cover of your favourite classic
I absolutely love this cover of Pride and Prejudice and one day I’ll buy it ❤ I’m just finding ways to sneak a bunch of blue covers in this tag, hehe
10) And the winner is – which book cover mentioned above is your favourite
Fates and Furies. I. Love. It. So much!