Today I’m writing something a little different. I listen to audiobooks quite often, and a good narrator can make or break a book for sure, and there are a few particular narrators that I really love. My favorite narrator of all times is the one I’m talking about today – January LaVoy. I first got to know her work through her famously fantastic narration of The Diviners series by Libba Bray, and have picked up other books I hadn’t considered before just because she narrated them!
I love the way she makes different voices, accents and I kinda love it every time she sings (she sings a lot in The Diviners series). It brings a story to life and adds personality to each of the characters. She’s my favorite for good reason, she is highly talented!
Here are some of the books she narrated:
- The Diviners by Libba Bray / Goodreads
- Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Goodreads
- Jar of Hearts Jennifer Hillier / Goodreads
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin / Goodreads
- Star Wars: Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson / Goodreads
- Star Wars: Bloodline – New Republic by Claudia Gray / Goodreads
I highly, highly recommend her narration! I love the Diviners series, and really enjoyed Jar of Hearts. I will be adding The Escape Room to my TBR asap!