today my boyfriend and I will be reviewing Sense and Sensibility! Woohoo! He’s a bookworm too, as you guys might know by now, and we both like Jane Austen (I think… or so he tells me), so I thought it’d be fun to do a double review!
Naty’s Rating: ★★★★
Genres: Classics, Romance
Goodreads / Amazon Continue reading
You guys! It’s been a full year of blogging! Thank you for reading my posts, keeping me motivated and for being such awesome readers and friends. I obviously wouldn’t be still blogging if it wasn’t for the great community here, which mas this fun and exciting. I love discussing books with you guys and the excitement of recommending books or starting up a discussion. You are so great!
And the winners from the Giveaway are…
Rachel @ Pace, Amore, Libri, you’ll receive The Dry, Magpie Murders, The Muse, Young Jane Young, and Illuminae
Joanna @ Over The Rainbow Book Blog, you’ll receive Dimple, My Not So Perfect Life, Three Dark Thrones and One Dark Crown
Congratulations, girls!!! Please contact me privately to give me your addresses, can be a message on Goodreads, on Twitter, on Instagram… just let me know, then I will send the package soon 🙂
If you follow me on Twitter, you already know, and if not, here you go:
Yes, you read it right!! I made it to 500 followers on WordPress, around 600 on Twitter and a bit over 200 on Instagram! I’m so happy about this, as this blog’s 1st birthday is still 1 month and a half away, so I think this is quite an accomplishment and I’m very thankful that you guys read my posts and cheer me on, this community is AWESOME!
As a thank-you, I am holding my first giveaway ever! Here is how it will go:
- Open internationally
- This first giveaway will be done with USED books from my own shelf, that way I can give away a few books at once instead of just one! They are also all in English.
- I am NOT one of those pristine book owners, whose books look immaculate and new and have angelic light shining delicately over it. Almost all of them have broken spines. They’re not in OH MY GOD AWFUL CONDITIONS FALLING APART CALL THE COPS THERE’S BEEN BOOK ABUSE, but some of those more than one person has read, and of course it looks used.
- Results will come out on this blog’s birthday, May 8! I knoooow it’s a long time away, but I will be on vacation for 2 weeks in late April, so it’s difficult for me to finish the giveaway before that.
How to participate:
- Click this link and follow the instructions to enter until May 7!: Rafflecopter giveaway
- Mix and match! You have 6 spaces in total (because of the box size). The books below are the ones available for the giveaway. Choose the books you want and leave your choices in the comments, summing up their space values until you have a maximum of 6.
- First winner gets their mix-and-match choice! Second winner gets the other books! YES YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. TWO WINNERS. TWO BOXES OF BOOKS. (and maybe goodies??? Shhhhhhhhh it’s a secret!)
- Young Jane Young, Gabrielle Zevin. 1 space.
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files 01), by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. 2 spaces.
- The Dry, by Jane Harper. 1 space.
- The Muse, by Jessie Burton. 1 space.
- Magpie Murders, by Anthony Horowitz. 1 space.
- My (Not So) Perfect Life, by Sophie Kinsella. 1 space
- Three Dark Crows + One Dark Throne (must go together!), by Kendare Blake. 2 spaces.
- When Dimple Met Rishi, by Sandhya Menon. 1 space.
Example on how to choose: Illuminae, The Dry, Magpie Murders and When Dimple = 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5! You can still choose a book worth 1 space! (The Muse, for example).
So I went on a book ban. My boyfriend challenged me to go not buy books for a month, and despite the misleading title (hehe), I made it!!
It was not too easy, really, especially on the first week it was borderline impossible not to buy a lot of books. I must have added like 50 books to my TBR in the meantime (probably more), and while I really wanted to get a few of those quite badly and there are one or two I actually still want to read this year, it was a good decision!
I went through the books I already had and made a big dent on my physical TBR, so I’m very proud of myself! Continue reading
Today I got an exciting post to share with you! Last year, my boyfriend and I attempted to follow a few recipes to get to the perfect Butterbeer made with actual beer. Our first attempt became very buttery and oily and was difficult to swallow after a while – but this year we’re back at it, with a different recipe. While we read some amazing recipe ideas, we decided in the end to go for an adapted version of this Best Butterbeer Ever Recipe.
I have tried the one from Universal Studios, which tasted more like melted vanilla ice cream and, unsurprisingly, was non-alcoholic. We decided to make an adult version with actual beer!
I’ve created Instagram this week! I’m slowly finding the social media of the blogs I follow, but I’m kinda very slow at it (just kinda?), so please follow me there and I’ll follow you back! I would love to see what you guys post! Also please let me know your Twitter & Goodreads accounts so I can properly stalk everyone.
(Shameless self-advertising, I know…)
Thank you! ❤
I’m taking the next few days off. I’ve been dealing with some personal issues that need my attention now, and I am not sure when I will be back entirely – could be this weekend, next month, no idea. I don’t think I will be 100% off (I love blogging, after all), but will decrease the frequency of my interactions a lot. There are 3 weeks worth of posts already programmed here, so the blog won’t suffer too much from it. Just letting you guys know.
Update: I’ve been getting lots of love from you guys, thank you so much! ❤ you are awesome!
Dear awesome readers!
I reached yesterday 100 followers! This is absolutely fantastic and I didn’t quite imagine when I started this blog in May that I’d reach 100 followers in a month and half. This is amazing and I am so thankful to all of you! So,
I don’t think anyone starts book blogging to get their blog super big, popular, famous rockstar, get interviewed by Ellen and put your handprints on the Hall of Fame. But it feels so good to see you guys like my content and interact. I’ve met some pretty awesome people with such amazing blogs and I am happy to be a part of the community. It’s so good to have a group of people that love reading and love discussing books, and I’ve gotten amazing recommendations, seen books I disliked through a different light and participated in fun book tags!
I will not get this too long, I just wanted a short post to say I appreciate you guys a lot!
So… back to reading, then!
welcome to my blog! My name is Naty and I am thrilled to start a new blog about books – as said on the “About” page, this is my second blog on this theme. My first one included an obsessive amount of The Lord of the Rings posts and far too many pictures of Legolas, which are a couple things I wish to avoid this time around.
My rating system will be the com 5-star one. Here is what each rating means:
My native tongue is Portuguese, meaning sometimes my English may be a bit rough on the edges, and my sentences may come out a little weird. My intention is to write posts mainly in English, but sometimes in Portuguese as well, as some Brazilian books that are my favorites aren’t published in English (yet!).
Please feel free to leave book recommendations, your personal impressions on the things I write about and any other comments you feel like. I will respond as often as possible!